- In some cases, when a patron cannot find an item that is due, that item can be reported lost and the patron will be charged for the replacement cost of the item plus the processing fee. For high demand items such as DVDs, new materials, and materials on hold, the library reserves the right to replace such items when they are lost, damaged or overdue and to charge the patron for the replacement cost, plus the processing fee.
- Charges for material that is lost or damaged beyond repair will be the current replacement cost of that material if still available.
- If an item is out-of-print or the replacement price of the item is otherwise unavailable, replacement charges will be based on the average cost of items of that type published in the current edition of the Bowker Annual Library and Book Trade Almanac.
- A $3.00 processing fee will be assessed for each lost or damaged item.
- Patrons may replace print and audio visual materials with EXACT DUPLICATES of lost or damaged items with the approval of the CEO or a selector. The $3.00 processing charge will be assessed.
- Patrons who have paid for lost items and later find them may keep the items. There will be no refunds or credits issued.
- Patrons who have paid for or replaced damaged items may keep the original items.
- Patrons who lose or damage items loaned from another agency (interlibrary loan or lease) will be assessed the charges made from that agency. The rules of the owning agency will apply.
Back to Policies and Procedures